Saturday, August 30, 2008
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
And I think George was feeling left out, so I took his picture too:
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Sara and I went to see Dave Matthews Band on Saturday in Dallas. We had really good seats and enjoyed our 9th Dave concert together. It has become a tradition for us to go every year except this year we realized we weren't as young as we used to be and got real seats instead of lawn seats. The first year we went was the summer before my Sophomore year in high school. I missed 2 years when we lived in Oklahoma. One year before I even knew George we went to The Woodlands and stayed the night in a hotel just to see him there. At the concert we sat next to some dorks who kept yelling "play crash" probably because that's the only song he knew, over and over again. We realized that was were way cooler than them and that they obviously didn't know Dave like we do. haha.... I only took 2 pictures cause my camera died, but here they are below.
Sunday, August 10, 2008
Back to school, back to school
to prove to dad that I'm not a fool
I've got my lunch packed up,
my boots tied tight
I hope I don't get in a fight
Ohh, back to school, back to school
Back to school....
One funny thing about me growing up is that I have always thrown up before the first day of school, and I couldn't go to sleep the night before either. It kind of stopped when I got into my Sophomore year of high school, but now if I throw up this year, I kind of have a better reason. I am excited about starting school because I want to do a lot of things differently that I did last year being a new teacher. Yet, I am kind of nervous about getting all big and pregnant while teaching. It makes me excited because the faster I start, the faster it will be February and I won't have to be pregnant anymore and get to be a mommy.
So, coming from the real world prior to teaching, I never understood why teachers complain about going back to school since they have had 3 months off and I only got the 4th of July off and maybe a weeks worth of vacation. But, being a teacher I realize that you really do need that kind of a break to forget about all the kiddos that gave you trouble so that you can dream of the perfect class again. That's what I'm doing this year, dreaming of 160 perfect little angels that love learning and love me... I'll give you an update on that dream after the first couple of weeks of school once they get comfortable and adjusted.
Thursday, August 7, 2008
I am doing good and feeling more and more back to normal. I have not gained any weight since my first visit, so that made me happy. I know it will happen sooner or later, so I'll just wait until later. I go back on September 4th and then we should find out if its a boy or girl around Oct. 2nd.
So our house is FINISHED... I never thought I would say that 4 months later... But it is!!
Here are some pictures:
Sunday, August 3, 2008
Since I am not going into my house, I do not have my camera, so I will post some pictures later. But here are some things going on in our life right now.
1. I finished my certification on Friday and am now an official teacher!
2. I am 12 weeks and 1 day and the baby is the size of a lime now.
3. My clothes are starting to all get uncomfortable if I sit in them a long time.
4. I am no longer feeling sick anymore which makes me extremely happy:)
5. We go to the doctor on Thursday for our 12 week check up.
6. I went with my bestest friend Kami to see John Mayer on Friday night and despite all the sweat and heat, it was awesome and he performed without a shirt on which was a plus.
7. My cousin Lindsey leaves for New York City on Tuesday to be a star.
8. My parents are selling the corvettes:(( Good times in those cars!
9. Our AC went out and its hot ( I just had to repeat that cause its so traumatic)
10. I have one more week of ME time before school starts. I can't wait to do nothing....
11. Our house is so close to being finished. Just waiting on the carpet to come in from Georgia this week and get installed.
12. I got a cute Astros outfit and blanket from Grandma for baby Price. Thanks:)
13. My bestest friend Alex got a job teaching-YAY!! You are going to do great!
14. George is taking half a week off this week to hang out with me:)
15. The Olympics start on Friday! Go USA!